Monday, July 28, 2014

MY CHALLENGE

Today I was given the privilege of guest-posting for Kerri over at Undiagnosed But Okay.

When I started my blog nearly two years ago, Kerri was the first person to leave a comment. I didn't see it until days later, though, because the Blogger filter interpreted it as spam. I guess that Blogger assumed that my blog wouldn't get any comments, and I was equally surprised to find that someone had taken the time to readand comment on (!!!)my words.

Needless to say, it made my day. Kerri and her words have always been there for me when I needed them the most.

If you haven't had the pleasure of reading her blog yet, you've been missing out! She and her family are beyond amazing. In March, she started an incredible program at her older daughter's school to foster understanding and acceptance of people with disabilities. And then—just when you thought that a person couldn't possibly be any more awesomeshe started "What's Your Challenge?", a series of guest posts that show us that, disability or not, we all have struggles in life.

Anyway, my words could never do her justice, so head on over to her blog and see for yourself! You can read my guest post here, and don't forget to check out the rest of her posts as well!

2 comments:

  1. I adore you!!! Thank you so much for allowing me to share your Challenge it was awesome. Well not that you have one but that you shared it and it really has affected people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have distinct memory of being a child (maybe elementary school age?) and really wanting a pair of saddle shoes..(not sure I am dating myself by this admission, LOL.) I guess we did eventually get them, but I have plenty of memories being restricted in my shoe choice, either by what I could not legitimately walk safely in, or by what could not fit over my braces.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Thanks! :-)