Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Dangers of the Food Network at 2 AM

It was 2 in the morning and I was still awake. I don't even have a good excuse, really. Sure, my sleep schedule got a little crazy really messed up from all of those nights I laid awake coughing...but since the medication has made my cough all but disappear, I should be back to sleeping like a normal person again, right? Right??

My partner in crime
Oops. So here I was, relaxing on the couch with one of my dogs lying bleary-eyed beside me, and the two of us were watching the Food Network on mute (what is my life? don't answer that). Turns out, the Food Network is still pretty entertaining even when it's on mute...and did I mention that it's just as dangerous? After about ten minutes I realized that I was craving ice cream. Really craving ice cream. And because I have no willpower because it's winter break I ate the last of the Ben & Jerry's straight from the carton. At 2 in the morning. Before you judge me, the dog helped!

After our little party, I glanced nervously at the time and realized that it was 2:30 AM...meaning that I had exactly thirty minutes before my dad's alarm clock would go off (he wakes up at 3:00 AM because he likes to read the paper before work...? Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that one out, too.).

The dog looked at the door and then glanced back at me hopefully, as if to say, "You know what would make this party really awesome?" I shook my head and gave her the firm "NO" expression that I have perfected ever since working with the kindergartners. NO, you are not going outside at 2:30 in the morning. And don't even think about barking and ruining this for the two of us, or you won't see your friends Ben & Jerry ever again. I think she understood, because after discarding the evidence, we were able to slip away to bed before anyone was the wiser.

I regret nothing.

4 comments:

  1. HA! This is hilarious, K, and I'm glad that you're enjoying your break, your dog, and Ben & Jerry at 2:30 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA You crack me up! B&J from the carton = no evidence and better yet, no dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! You are my person. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Thanks! :-)