Saturday, November 16, 2013

Is it Thanksgiving Yet?

I want food. And sleep. And maybe some free time would be nice, but that might be too much to ask for.

I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. for the past week or so, but I've had one of those ridiculously busy weeks. Friday evenings are usually my day to relax and watch a movie with friends...

Last night didn't quite live up to that ideal.

I was lying on the floor of my dorm room surrounded by textbooks, trying to understand some biology concepts for my exam on Monday and questioning the meaning of life. ;-) It was 1:00 a.m.

Earlier this week, I was sitting in class when I realized that it was 4 p.m. and all I had eaten all day was half of a snack-size bag of popcorn...because the popcorn bag had exploded all over my lap five minutes before I had to leave for class.

The next day, I had to take a chemistry exam, and I thought it went well until I proceeded to think about my answers for hours afterwards, wondering if what I had written was accurate.

I just keep telling myself that there's just a little more than a week before Thanksgiving break...until then, I'll be in my dorm room with the remainder of my chocolate stash and my mountain of work!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there!! Hope you find a better balance of sleep, food, and studying!! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one more week, friend! I hope the next few days go more smoothly and that you have some free time to relax. And eat. And sleep! I'll bet you totally rocked your chemistry exam, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all seem to be having the Fall from Hell as it relates to time and commitments. If it makes you feel any better we hate homework just as much in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't envy you :( These were (and are) difficult days and balancing self care with academics is always tough. My sis and I used to celebrate about once a week with a frozen pizza (made by our dorm). Still have not known a pizza that has tasted quite as good as those. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Thanks! :-)