Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Originally I planned to write part 2 of yesterday's post tonight, but that was before today happened.

I stayed up until about 1:30 am last night studying for a math test, thinking that I could sleep in until about 9 because my test didn't start until late morning. Not quite. My roommate's alarm clock woke me up early, and went off continuously every 5 minutes, so I didn't exactly get the restful night's sleep I had planned.

But wait, it gets worse.

I went down to the dining hall to get breakfast and I was about ready to leave when I noticed that one of the dining hall staff members looked upset. I asked her what was wrong and she gave me a hug and started to cry. She explained that she was having a really bad day because someone was angry at her. I tried to comfort her the best I could, and then I realized that I was running late for my math class. Once I was sure she was feeling better, I rushed off to class to take the test.

The test went fine, and I got there in the nick of time, but as I was leaving my class, I fell. One part of having CP is that little things can make you fall. It sounds ridiculous just writing it, but I fell because as I was crossing the street, my heavy books shifted in my backpack and threw me off balance.

I got up as usual and realized that my toe hurt. Really, really hurt. I think I sprained it because I can hardly walk. For most people, a sprained toe might not seem like a big deal, but because I already have problems walking, a sprained toe makes it so much more difficult.

So here I am, in my dorm room, hoping and praying that my toe gets better soon. :( I skipped dinner because I don't want to walk too much on it. I know I'm lucky because it could have been much, much worse (and I have experienced much worse than this...I think I'll save that story for another day!) but I'm just frustrated, hungry, tired, and in pain. Some days I wish I didn't have CP so stupid little things like books shifting around in my backpack wouldn't send me to the pavement.

I want this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day to be over!

3 comments:

  1. Hello :) hope your toe is not too bad in the morning xx I am loving your words so wonderful to read, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! Your comment warmed my heart! :) I love your words as well...your blog is one of the first things I check in the morning when I wake up, and it always puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh those horrible days when one thing leads to another and it all just stacks up. I can so relate to falling: http://toniasays.blogspot.com/2016/01/lets-talk-about-falling.html and random toe injuries are no fun! I relate somewhat, as I have always had this back-of-my-mind fear that I better never injure my arm(s).

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Thanks! :-)